GLOBALLY INSPIRED
-Travel
-Fashion
-Culture

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Switching It Up


I think this is one of my longest lags between posts. It's been a busy week and I have some more great discoveries to share. But before I get to that, I want to share with you what I am currently working on.

As some of you already know, I've hung up my teaching hat (for now, not forever) and have launched myself full-on into writing. Living life as a gypsy, moving every 2-4 years, finding consistent teaching jobs has been a challenge and so I find myself moved this summer to take action. No more countless hours spent searching school web sites, or tiresome interviews in which I have to explain why it is I move around so much. I am a woman taking the steps towards fulfilling my dream, and that means no more waiting around for life to happen.

This past week I signed up with media bistro to take their online Stiletto Boot Camp, an intensive, crash-course in how to write effectively and engagingly for women's magazines such as ELLE, Self, W etc. I am totally excited about this course as it has been a lifelong goal of mine to write as we live and travel the world, sharing my experiences with others. Freelance writing is something I can do from anywhere.

In addition to sharpening my skills, I've begun posting short stories on ThingsAsian, a web site offering up a variety of articles, facts, photographs, maps - anything to do with living and traveling in Asia. Check out my post on one our favorite restaurant finds while living in Tokyo titled, Yummy Yakitori.

I am also working on making this blog more beautiful and will eventually be adding in advertisements related to the content. I am scheduled to take a blogging class and hope to also connect with writers at Boston's local writing hub, Grub Street.

September is a month for new beginnings, new projects, and for me, a new attitude. I have a stack of reading to catch up on (see photo left), which I know will give me the inspiration I need to get busy and get writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment