GLOBALLY INSPIRED
-Travel
-Fashion
-Culture

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Marvelous Minneapolis

I didn’t know what to expect of this mid-west city. I had heard wonderful things but was apprehensive to totally embrace the idea of Minneapolis as a bustling metropolis. My introduction to the city was a Wal-Mart, a so-so lodging and the Mall of America (crazy!) But once inside the city center, I was instantly hooked. People looked happy and healthy – walking, biking, and running along one of the city’s many beautiful parks. At noontime, café patios were filled with workers taking a break. My husband found a pizza place uptown called Pizza Lucé that served GF pizza. For the first time in years, I ordered bruschetta. Together, we munched our way through an entire half loaf of GF French bread, smothered in olive oil and fresh cut tomatoes. The entire meal was divine. Fresh, local produce is everywhere in this state, and the idea of eating local has really taking off. After a brief detour to Minnehaha Falls Park, we sadly said goodbye to one of our favorite stops on this cross-country tour.

No comments:

Post a Comment